4-2-2023 Palm Sunday
Pastor Val @ Renewal
Zechariah 9:9; Mark 11:9-10; Luke 19:38-44; Psalm 118: 19-28
Who was the gate of righteousness? Jesus!
Through whom may the righteous enter? Jesus!
Who has become our salvation? Jesus!
Who was the stone the builders rejected? Jesus!
They rejected the truth of the _________ savior.
They rejected the truth of the __________ king.
They rejected the truth of the __________ Lord.
Isaiah 53:1-11 (ESV)
Why Did Jesus Weep?
- because the people did not recognize the ________of Lord’s coming.” Philippians 2:6-11
- because there were a people who would ____________ the ways of God for the ways of this world. John 14:27
- because the people went their ______ way rather than God’s way Isaiah 53:6; Romans 6:23; John 14:6
- because when we go our own way we store up for ourselves a ____________ judgment.
Three things God is looking for in your life.
- God wants us to see ourselves as we really are. Revelation 3:14-21 (NIV)
It’s important that we see ourselves as we really are.
We are sinners _____________ from God by our sin.
We are sinners completely ___________ to atone for our sin before a Holy God.
We are sinners who will one dreadful day face the ________ of God because of our sin.
- God wants for us to _________ new life through Jesus. John 3:16; Matthew 15:8-9
- God wants you to ________Him. John 17:3
“I encountered a man on the Road of life,
so sure of himself – so convinced he was right.
He had (his) religion, but he didn’t know God,
And though he had eyes, I thought that rather odd:
He only could see what he wanted to see.
So, blind to the truth that could set his soul free;
the man charged ahead – unaware he was lost,
until he encountered a Man on a cross
at a fork in the road
where the path became two
and the man who’d always been sure of himself had to choose.
Between broad and narrow, between left and right,
Between things he could see, and things still out of sight.
And I’m sure that the man would have gone the wrong way,
Had he not encountered the Savior that day.
But love rescued him! Truth set him free!
Grace opened his eyes – he could finally see…
That the Man on the cross made the difference.
Now listen, as this once-proud skeptic proclaims:
“For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” (Source unknown)
What they really want is the kingdom without the cross.
What God really wants is the kingdom because of the cross.